Q: Warning lights after ABS brake flex lines replaced

asked by on June 28, 2016

Recently, the ABS brake flex lines were replaced. When I picked up my car from the shop, the message was showing to check my back brake lights; however, they were working fine, including the middle brake light. When the ABS brake flex lines are replaced, does the sensor get touched or would something else have caused this?

The ABS and brake light warning switch are on different circuits and do not work with each other. The most likely cause of the Check Brake Light message would be a wiring issue, failed bulb, improper bulb, or a brake switch malfunction.

If you need some assistance with these checks, contact a qualified technician who will be able to diagnose your brake lights and perform any repairs that are required.