Q: Where is the ambient air temperature sensor located in a 94 Lincoln town car

The ambient temperature sensor gauge inside the car fluctuates dramatically between -38 and 100 degrees. It's not stable. I have replaced both sensors what could the problem be?

A: The ambient air temperature sensor is locat...

The ambient air temperature sensor is located in front of the a/c condenser in the center of the vehicle mounted just below the hood latch on the support bracket. The sensor will give temperature reading s from about -40 to 240 degrees F. If you are getting display readings that are jumping between -38 and 100 then you may have a sensor wiring that is opening up or the connection has corrosion in it. Have a mechanic from YourMechanic come and check the wiring by monitoring the display while moving the wiring slightly to see if the open circuit can be found. You most likely have a wire connection to the sensor that needs cleaned and a small amount of dielectric lube put in connector to stop the connection corrosion.