Q: Exhaust pipe oil leak

There is an oil leak on the exhaust pipe, and smoke is coming out. The oil pan gasket needs to be changed.

A: The oil pan may appear wet, but the leak ma...

The oil pan may appear wet, but the leak may be running down from a higher place on the engine. The valve cover gaskets or camshaft seals may also be leaking down. Washing down the engine and adding U/V dye to determine the exact cause of the leak is recommended. An inspection from a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, can help you locate the leak and make the needed repairs.