Q: Exhaust pipe oil leak

asked by on February 19, 2016

There is an oil leak on the exhaust pipe, and smoke is coming out. The oil pan gasket needs to be changed.

Oil/Fluid Leak Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

The oil pan may appear wet, but the leak may be running down from a higher place on the engine. The valve cover gaskets or camshaft seals may also be leaking down. Washing down the engine and adding U/V dye to determine the exact cause of the leak is recommended. An inspection from a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, can help you locate the leak and make the needed repairs.