Q: I have a 2015 Volkswagen Gti, and when I accelerate fast the EPC light comes on and the car loses power and begins to shake. I nee

When I accelerate the engine on the freeway, the engine loses power and the epc light comes on. Then the car begins to shake and I cannot continue driving. So I have to pull over and restart the car in order to be able to drive normal. It's a reoccurring issue. Is it covered under warranty?

Most of the engine components should be covered for 100 thousand miles. This isn’t just factory policy, this is US law. Any component that could be part of the emission control system has to be covered and that would include the EPC. EPC (Electronic Power Control) is the name of the "drive by wire" system that regulates the accelerator. There is no longer an accelerator cable, throttle opening is now regulated by the engine controller according to the signal that is detected when you step on the accelerator. Take your car back to the dealer and they should be happy to take care of it for you. But years from now, when your car is out of warranty, consider saving time and money by contacting Your Mechanic for service and repairs.

3. I have a 2015 Volkswagen Gti, and when I accelerate fast the EPC light comes on and the car loses power and begins to shake. I nee