Q: Got told I needed I new head gasket but my car doesn't over heat or smokes obut needs o2 sensors... Any suggestion?

Got told I need new head gasket but my car doesn't over heat , leaks or smokes! Can it be possible I don't really need it , might he be scamming me? And if I need it could I use a quick fixer?

Hello, thank you for writing in. Without knowing the symptoms the vehicle is having, it is difficult to say what the issue may be. If you are receiving a code from the computer related to the oxygen sensors, then the sensor(s) may be receiving a reading outside of specification. This can be because fluids are passing through the head gasket and being consumed in the engine. When this happens, the catalytic converter is forced to process contaminants it is not designed to handle. This may set off the an oxygen sensor code. In this situation you would not necessarily see or smell a leak, but you would see a decrease in fluid levels. However, there are several other causes for these sensors to read outside of of specifications. They include a bad connection, bad O2 sensor, or a bad catalytic converter. If you are worried you are being scammed, get a second opinion by contacting our service department.

3. Got told I needed I new head gasket but my car doesn't over heat or smokes obut needs o2 sensors... Any suggestion?