Q: Key stuck in ignition will not turn.

Arrived home turned key, car turned off but, key did not go to off position, key stuck in ignition cannot put lock position or on position.

Hello. Thanks for writing in. The key will not come out because the ignition cylinder is not in the off position. This is standard. The first thing to check is that the shift lever is in the park position. Make sure there is nothing caught in the way stopping the lever from sliding into position. You may even want to gently giggle the shift lever into place a little bit to make sure the sensors are registering. The ignition cylinder also has a solenoid which releases the key. You will want to access the solenoid and possibly replace it. You can test it if you are familiar with testing solenoids. It will be located on the steering column near the cylinder and its electronics. Take a few simple steps to see if the issue is minor before assuming its serious.

3. Key stuck in ignition will not turn.