Q: Emergency brake light won't stay on. If really cold in the morning, it's out until I drive for about a mile or so

The brake light on my dash stays on all the time....sometimes when driving the truck starts to shack bad, but if I slow down it stops. brake fluid level fine, no leaks and brakes normally. E-brake only can be pushed half way down

A: Hi there. Check the cables to the parking ...

Hi there. Check the cables to the parking brake when you set the parking brake. There is a parking brake sensor attached to the pedal and if the sensor is tripped, the indicator brake light will come on the dash.

It seems that the parking brake is being engaged when you are driving and causing a slight shake due to brake linings and runout on the rotors or drums. Check the cable for anything making it lodged or binding.

Also, raise up the vehicle and with the rear wheels off the ground, check to see if the wheels will spin easy. If they do not spin easy, then the parking brake is engaged and needs to be checked for if the brake is releasing.

If the cable is loose with the pedal up and the tires will not turn easy, then the rear brakes need to be adjusted or the hardware needs to be replaced to fix the parking brake. If you need further assistance diagnosing your parking brake, then seek out a professional, such as one from YourMechanic, to help you with your vehicle.