Q: Slow acceleration and engine light on/off

My Jeep has very slow acceleration and will hardly move, especially going uphill. There’s no dipstick in this model (if there’s supposed to be, mine doesn’t have one). I add some trans fluid and that helps it run for several days, but then when tried adding some again, it didn’t help at all. Also, the engine light has been going on/off. What is your assessment of this problem?

A: A sealed transmission should have nearly no...

A sealed transmission should have nearly no loss of fluid. An overfilled transmission can also cause issues. The fluid level and condition should be checked to ensure the fluid is at the proper level. This will require a scan tool and access to the transmission from underneath the vehicle to check the level properly. If the level is adequate and the transmission is still having issues, the system should be scanned for faults and a diagnostic plan conceived at that time. You may want to have a transmission shop take a look at this issue in case of a replacement or overhaul may be necessary.