Q: How do you adjust the manual driver seat in a 2012 Ford Escape?

How do you adjust the manual driver seat?

A: Your driver seat is either manually adjusta...

Your driver seat is either manually adjustable or power adjustable. If it’s a manual model, you can make almost the same adjustments as if it were powered, but you’ll need to know how to get the right position for both comfort and safety. Here’s what you need to do:

• Forward and back: Lift up on the handle in the front to move the seat forward or back.

• Reclining: Tilt the seatback handle up to recline the back.

• Turn the lumbar support knob to adjust the amount of firmness in the seatback.

Tip

Never recline the seatback too far, as you can slide under the seat belt during an impact.