Q: Can removing A/C fuse stop the compressor working and breaking the metal parts?

I got suggestion from this page as well from other mechanic pages that I can turn off the fuse to shut down my leaking A/C compressor. I dont have money to replace the compressor, so shutting down the compressor is my only way, I heard leaking a/c compressor can start breaking metallic parts and destroy other A/c system parts if not removed. My question is, if I remore the fuse to keep the A/C off, will it still rotate and destroy my system? how to keep the A/C not rotate completely? Thanks

The A/C compressor pulley will still rotate with the serpentine belt for the accessories but the compressor coil will not be energized to engage the A/C compressor clutch and no internal A/C compressor components will turn once you pull out the A/C fuse. When you get the repairs to the A/C fixed, then just installing the fuse will allow the system to operate again.

Unless the compressor has already come apart internally, you should have no issues with the compressor turning and coming apart. It will not turn internally unless the fuse is reinstalled and the A/C system recharged with refrigerant. Make sure any lost compressor oil is reinstalled before the compressor is put back in service.

• Can removing A/C fuse stop the compressor working and breaking the metal parts?