Q: Transmission wont shift to 2nd gear or reverse 2004 Hyundai Accent

When I was driving home one night, I felt a big thud as I was coming to a stoplight. I pulled over and looked at my transmission fluid and saw that is was full. I tried putting my car in reverse but it didnt go. When I started to drive my car it wouldnt shift above 1st gear. I took it to a mechanic who said that the transmission is bad and needs to be replaced. I thought I would get a second opinion. Thanks

Hello - check transmission fluid level first, then check for problem codes - whether the Check Engine light is on or not. Given your mileage, it sounds like the front clutch or the low-reverse clutch has failed. This is a fairly common failure mode for this transmission. I recommend a transmission inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Transmission wont shift to 2nd gear or reverse 2004 Hyundai Accent