Q: Car window dropped down into door

asked by on February 08, 2016

The passenger's side window has dropped down into the door and will not raise. I can hear the motor still working though.

Window fell inside the door Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello! The most common cause of the window falling into the door is the window regulator becoming defective. The door panel must first be removed in order to inspect the pulleys and cables attached to the regulators. Usually the cables will become stretched or off track resulting in an inoperative window. I would recommend having a certified mechanic come to you to inspect your window and have the correct repairs made.