Q: Would it be my starter if I turn the key and all I hear is a click

asked by on March 25, 2017

If I turn my key and all I hear is a click. Is it my starter?

Hi there. It’s possible that your starter is faulty if you turn the ignition key and you only hear a single click. However, in most cases, a faulty starter will send multiple clicks - quite rapidly. It is more likely that the issue is either a failed ignition relay, drained battery or even a starter relay that is causing your issues. Due to the fact that multiple problems could cause this issue, it’s a good idea to have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location and complete a car is hard to start inspection, so they can pinpoint the source of this problem and recommend or complete the right repairs.