Q: P0016 code for my vehicle vvt, cam solenoid, crank/cam sensor?

I am experiencing a slight delay in cranking the vehicle at start, there has been a dramatic loss of power, and a slight rough idle.

Hi there. In general, the P0016 is the OBD-II generic code indicates that the camshaft position sensor for bank 1 does not correlate to the signal from the crankshaft position sensor. In most cases, the causes include the camshaft timing is out of position due to the timing chain jumped teeth, the camshaft phaser is out of position due to problems with phaser, the oil has flow to the phaser is impeded from having an incorrect oil viscosity or partly clogged passages or the Oil Control Valve (OCV) has a restriction in the OCV filter. I would recommend reading this article to review how professional mechanics tend to diagnose this issue and the possible repairs to resolve the symptoms you’re experiencing.

3. P0016 code for my vehicle vvt, cam solenoid, crank/cam sensor?