Q: Can't shift into drive or reverse

I am having difficulty shifting my car into drive from the park position, especially on warmer days. I can eventually get it into drive or reverse, but it takes several tries, and it won't go into drive or reverse at all on warm days.

A: The most common problem with hard shifting ...

The most common problem with hard shifting from park is the brake light switch. The way it is set up you have to have your foot on the brake for the park switch release to engage. These brake light switched are a known issue with this truck. I would have a certified technician come out and test the switch to see if this is in fact the problem and replace it as needed.