Q: Engine mangenent light all of a sudden. Limp mode

Was driving along normally at about 60 mph and limp mode kicked in when the engine management might popped up and then followed by the battery light and then the oil light separated by 5 or so seconds.

I tried starting numerous times but no joy

A: Hi there. Typically, when the engine manage...

Hi there. Typically, when the engine management light comes on, there is a correlation issue between the APP (accelerator pedal position) sensor and electronic throttle control TPS (throttle position sensor). When this occurs, the PCM (powertrain control module) puts the vehicle into limp home mode.

The Battery Light and Oil Light most likely came on when the engine shut-down. The PCM should have recognized the fault and stored a code in memory (active or pending). The Check Engine Light may not have come on if this was the first fault recognized. I recommend having your vehicle’s no start issue inspected and repaired by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, if you need further help.