Q: Lug Nut Studs.

Hi, so I have a 1995 Mercury sable and a 2003 Dodge caravan (just the regular not the grand). Now, what happened is my lug nut studs (3 of 5) on the front driver side wheel hub* have broken off on the sable, I was told I can hammer these out to replace them. My question is; can I take three off of my caravan and use them on my sable as I don't drive the caravan, and plan on junking it. I know that I can use lug nuts from either vehicle and that their bassically interchangable because asked an auto parts store and they said they were practically the same, they just didnt know about the studs. Would this work? If so how safe would it be. I really need to get this car running tomorrow. Thank you in advance for any advice or help you can provide!

I would have to say that the studs are not reusable if you try and knock them out and then try to reinstall them into the Ford. I would recommend putting in new studs on the Ford vehicle with new lug nuts.