Q: Coolant reservoir overflows while air conditioning is running

Car doesn't overheat but my coolant reservoir tank overflows while I have my a/c running. Why is this happening?

Hello, A few different items can cause the coolant reservoir to overflow. If this is going on while the vehicle is not overheating, it is a bit less common.

The most likely causes would be a failure of one of these components:

When the AC is on, it puts a slight strain on the vehicle, which takes up some of the available horsepower.

A qualified Technician such as one from YourMechanic will be able to diagnose your coolant reservoir tank overflow fault and perform any repairs required.

3. Coolant reservoir overflows while air conditioning is running