Q: Engine code p0430

Pulled engine code p0430. I was curious to know if a bad fuel injector cleaner ( put in via gas tank ) to fuel ratio can cause this issue. Only put in half tank ( 15 gallons ) of gas. Issue popped up 5 minutes after putting injector cleaner in/ refueling. No lack of power or performance yet.

A: It may be possible that the fuel tank fuel ...

It may be possible that the fuel tank fuel injection additive has caused the catalyst to not be able to clean the chemical you put in out of the exhaust stream causing the catalyst sensor to not work correctly. As with any code received you should clear the code first and then run the engine for a few days to see if the code returns. I would suggest before clearing the codes to fill up the fuel tank after you have used enough fuel to be below half of a tank. This should dilute the additive you put in enough to not interfere with the O2 sensor operation or the catalyst. It may take a few days to mix the fuel in the tank and then clear the codes and drive for another few days to see if check engine light returns. If the light comes back on then a full code pinpoint to be done to see if catalyst or O2 sensor damage has occurred. If you need assistance with this issue, a certified YourMechanic technician can help to inspect your vehicle's engine codes.