Q: My polo 3 won't start when engine is warm or exposed to the sun for a long time

Hi..I have a polo 3 1.4 mpi. Actually, I have two problems. The first is that when I drive my car not necessarily for so long (the engine at its optimal point) and then I switch off the engine it won't start only after 3 or 5 minutes when it gets cooler. The second problem is if I park the car outside exposed to the sunlight for a so long time. The car won't start only if inside the car or the engine (i don't know) cools down. When I say it won't start, in both cases, it cranks as its about to start but it fails so. Forgot if I park in a garage for a week the car starts from the first touch and nothing happens till I park it again.

A: Hi there, The problems you are having with...

Hi there, The problems you are having with your vehicle, may not be easy to diagnose. Apparently, under hood temperature and ambient temperature both create the no start condition. Components can act-up with temperature change. Assuming no check engine light is on. The no start condition will have to be duplicated and inspected at the time of no start. This will help identify what is wrong. So many things can keep the vehicle from starting. I recommend having the vehicles no start condition be inspected and diagnosed by a certified technician from YourMechanic.