Trying to located my knock sensor on my Kia 06 optima kia...

Q: Trying to located my knock sensor on my Kia 06 optima

asked by on October 27, 2017

Trying to find my knock sensor on Kia 06 optima

Your vehicle is equipped with two knock sensors, one for each "bank" of cylinders. The sensors are screwed into the block in the "V" area (valley) of the block. Each sensor has a three terminal wire harness. Knock sensor output has to be evaluated on an automotive scope prior to any determination as to whether the sensor is malfunctioning or not. If you are responding to a trouble code that refers to "a" knock sensor, note that even loose connections, or other unrelated faults can cause a code to set. In particular, the trouble code itself cannot be relied upon to condemn a part. A separate diagnostic accomplishes that. If you suspect trouble with this component or the check engine light is on, you can request a check engine light diagnostic. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you to get the best possible results.