Q: matching an engine to a transmission

i'm replacing my engine in my truck. what do I need to look for in matching up my tranny with an engine

Hi Justin. Thanks for contacting us tonight. Anytime you are swapping out one OEM major component with a new one, it’s always best to replace with the same component. For example, your 88 Dodge D150 appears to be powered by a V6 - 3.9 Liter engine. You’ll want to verify with any engine you purchase is the same Dodge V6, originally from the same year D150. A great resource for learning more about this engine is this website. If you are keeping the OEM transmission, make sure the replacement engine is the same 3.9 V6.

3. matching an engine to a transmission