Q: Trunk won't open with seat latch

asked by on December 12, 2016

Trunk won't open using the latch located near the driver seat on the floor. I don't have a keyless entry to open the trunk. There is also no key entry behind the rear passenger seats to fold the rear seats.
My car has an automatic transmission. Only spot to enter with a key is the driver door. The car is a coupe.

If you normal trunk release will not work to release the trunk then you will need to access the trunk through the rear seat back by removing seat. Once seat back is removed you can access the latch manual release so the trunk can be opened. You will then be able to check and repair the remote release cable. On vehicles with no rear seat access a lock smith can access latch by drilling a small hole in trunk to unlock latch.

Hi. There are a couple of reasons why this could be happening to the truck release. There is a cable that goes from the leaver on the floor to the trunk latch that releases the trunk when you pull the leaver. There is a good possibility that the cable has broken and won’t allow the trunk to open. The lacht to the trunk could be broken as well causing the trunk not open. To get into the trunk though the back seat the back seats need to be removed. I suggest you have a certified tech from yourmechanic come and diagnosis why your trunk does not open.