Q: My car's ABS light came on and now the transmission won't shift out of first gear

asked by on November 14, 2016

Do you think that I have a bad wheel speed sensor,I tried to ohm the sensor and get nothing,could it be dirty or do I have a bad one. I was told that's why the transmission is not shifting cause the transmission is sensing that I have no brakes can you help me the info I provided

As you know, your vehicle is equipped with wheel speed sensors at each of the four wheels which monitor wheel speed while relaying this information constantly to the ABS and traction control system which are controlled by the car’s ECU. When the ECU senses an abnormal speed given specific conditions, it engages the ABS or traction control as needed to control the vehicle properly and safely. Occasionally, these sensors can fail or become faulty working intermittently sending inaccurate signals to the ECU. In your case it may be possible that the transmission is receiving a faulty signal from the ABS system. I would suggest having a professional from Your Mechanic come to your home to diagnose your ABS and traction control system.