Q: Loss all power when driving.

Started car and battery and headlight indicator on dash were on.car drove fine not sluggish .went about 5 miles stop at a drive thru didn't stall or acted as if was going to die.dash light Mayb a little dim.cant remember for sure.back on road and about 1000 feet all indicator lights on dash flash bright then start to flicker .car losses power to almost nothing.have gas pedel floored and let up to see if I can get it to move.it is making the sound that happens when running out of gas that sputtering sound but there is 1/2 tank in it .then a sound starts like that hunking sound a lion makes in there throat.im sorry but that is the best description I can think of.no joke a low throat hunking sound.then it dies slight power to keep headlamps and interior lights on up its not turning over.we push it off the road and put in park try to start but sounds now like a died battery that clicking type sound but there is still slight power for lights and inside car lights.

A: What you describe sounds like a charging sy...

What you describe sounds like a charging system failure. If the alternator isn’t working, the car can run on the battery for a period of time, until the battery voltage gets below a certain point, usually around 10.5 volts. After that the electronics will start to go haywire. Your battery is probably marginal as well, as the car would usually operate for a couple of hours without the alternator charging before it starts to fail. I can’t account for the sounds you have described, but I think checking the battery and charging system is in order. You can Contact Your Mechanic to have a qualified technician come to your home or office and check out your car and tell you what needs to be done.