Q: Throttle position sensor

asked by on March 16, 2017

My car is have problems getting power and going 60 1out of 10 times doesnt happen often but i dont want it to damage engine or amything. My rpm goes sp high an holding gas pedal dont an engine light flashes an car studders a little an the acceleration is horrible

Throttle Position Sensor Replacement $129.21 - $646.10 Get a Quote

Hi There, It sounds like you are describing the symptoms of a failing throttle position sensor. The throttle position sensor monitors the throttle position of the throttle plate inside the throttle body in relation to your foot position on the gas pedal. Based upon the inputs from the sensor reading your foot’s position on the pedal, the ECU then makes the direction to supply more or less fuel to the motor. When this sensor is not working properly, this can cause intermittent responses when pressing the gas pedal. I would suggest having a professional from Your Mechanic come to you home to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.