Q: Is using a new OEM compressor necessary, or can a used compressor be used?

asked by on August 09, 2017

My ac was not blowing very cold so I added a can of r134a. It now blows warmer than it was before I added the r134a. How much will it cost to fix it? If a compressor is needed, does it have to be new OEM? Or, will a rebuilt one work just fine? Thank you.

You can use a new or used compressor. the costs of parts and labor will need to be quoted since not only the compressor but the drier and expansion valve plush flushing of system will be needed.