Q: What is the main reason for a random misfire on Audi A6 2002 3.0

To begin i thought the cause of my problem was that my control actuator arms were broken so I replace that once I get the intake off put all back together. and then once that was done I replaced the spark plugs and did a change and also mass airflow sensor .I haven't replaced the coil packs yet but the car keeps miss firing on on all six cylinders randomly and engine light comes on blinking when under lots of load pressure I guess or at High rpms / speeds . Im only getting coded for cylinder misfires on a random 3 each time and 1 mother code that just says random missfire please help .

Hello, thank you for writing in. Without the codes that are present it is hard to narrow down the possibilities for you. Coil packs and fuel supply are going to be towards the top of the list. You should start by checking for recalls on the vehicle, as the coil packs on your vehicle may have been included in a factory recall. This means if they have not been replaced on the vehicle yet, and the coils are still factory, that the manufacturer will replace them for free. This can be done online with the VIN. Otherwise, electrical testing on the coils and fuel injectors needs to be done to verify if one of them is to blame. For more help with diagnostics or repair, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. What is the main reason for a random misfire on Audi A6 2002 3.0