Q: car feels like less power and hesitates on acceleration then drives fine and smooth --have put in sea foam for injectors.

SXT 2 2007 Dodge Caliber --started to buck and run rough--she added injector cleaner periodically --then it got worse a few days ago. error code unknown but it said check no. 3 cylinder--it recommended 1st change plugs then possible injector. Plugs were changed,and one looked worse that others. Changing plugs didnt improve performance. . I asked her to put in SEA FOAM ... 2 pints later car runs noticeably better but still feels like less power off the line and bucks some on acceleration.

Hi there. Although Sea Foam is a common product that some mechanics use as a quick way to clean up injectors, it can have severe effects on fuel system sensors and electrically controlled throttle and fuel system components as well as exhaust system components, cylinder head hardware and other internal engine components. The chemicals in Sea Foam act as an agent to break down carbon deposits that are found in gasoline and diesel fuels. However, in some cases, the product will embed itself on sensor tips and in some cases, fuel supply lines. This can create a lack of acceleration until the product eventually is washed off by fuel. The thing to remember is that gasoline is a natural solvent. So it will eventually wash away the chemicals in the Sea Foam and possibly improve the acceleration issues. If this doesn’t improve within a few weeks, she should have a professional mechanic complete a car is slow to accelerate inspection.

• car feels like less power and hesitates on acceleration then drives fine and smooth --have put in sea foam for injectors.