Q: Why do I feel vibration when accelerating from a stop?

Normal acceleration causes vibration while shifting between 3rd and 4th gear / between 25 and 30 MPH / between 1800 and 2000 RPMs. If I accelerate faster, it is not as noticeable, but it is still there.

Hi there:

Steering wheel vibration can occur due to multiple mechanical component failures ranging from wheel bearings, shocks and struts wearing out or tie rod’s and CV joints that need to be replaced. Other internal transmission issues or poorly performing engine parts can also cause the vibration you’re describing. Due to the complexity and multiple possible causes, it’s best to have a professional come to your home and complete a car is vibrating or shaking inspection first; before any repairs are made. This will allow them to pinpoint and diagnose precisely what’s causing your Chevrolet to vibrate during those driving conditions.

3. Why do I feel vibration when accelerating from a stop?