Q: Please help My car just stopped accelerating in drive and in reverse what is the problem?

How can I fix the problem

If your vehicle will no longer apply engine power to the wheels while in forward or reverse gear, the transmission will most likely be the cause of this issue. It is possible that this issue is computer, hydraulic, or mechanical related.

I would recommend having your transmission inspected by a qualified mechanic who is proficient at transmission diagnostics. This inspection would likely include checking the transmission fluid level and scanning the OBD2 system for any trouble codes that are related to the issues you are having. Once a road test has been done, codes have been pulled, as well as fluid level and condition have been checked then the cause of this issue would be able to be determined. Once the cause of the issue has been determined, have the parts professionally replaced as necessary in order to keep your vehicle working properly.

If you’d like a second opinion on this, feel free to contact a professional technician who can diagnose your acceleration problem firsthand.

• Please help My car just stopped accelerating in drive and in reverse what is the problem?