Q: Doors not unlocking when I use key fob

Three of the doors on my car do not unlock consistently when I hit the Lock button on the key fob.

Hi. I’m going to assume they open when using the door lock switch. First of all, pressing the fob once only unlocks the driver’s door. The fob must be pressed a second time within 5 seconds to unlock the rear doors. That is how the system is designed. So, you may just need to hit the button a second time. If this is being done properly but the doors still do not unlock, suspect a problem with door lock circuit. Looking at the wiring diagram for your vehicle, I see the passenger and rear doors use a relay that is separate from the driver’s door. My guess is that this relay is sticking, However, the problem could also be with the remote control door lock receiver (RCDLR) or body control module (BCM). When the RCDLR receives a signal from your key fob it requests that the BCM unlock the doors. A trained technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to inspect the electrical components and repaired any failing parts.