Q: P2096 and P2196 Codes?

Hello I have a 2012 Hyundai Elantra with a little over 94,000 miles on it its a 4cyl DOHC 16v, Problem I'm having is it has 3 codes tripping engine light P2096, P2096 P, and P2196 from what I can understand is most likely going to be bad fuel injector(s), 02 sensor, or vacuum/hose leak most likely. It has had bad fuel economy, rough idle, hesitation, and horrible pickup since codes started, if anyone has any advise on what I should check first I would greatly appreciate any help at all.

Thanks, Mike

Code P2096 stands for Post Catalyst Fuel Trim too Lean Bank 1 and code P2196 stands for O2 Sensor Stuck Rich Bank 1 Sensor 1. My guess is that the upstream O2 sensor has failed causing a false rich condition. The powertrain control module is seeing this and leaning out the fuel mixture to compensate. An exhaust leak between the upstream and downstream 02 sensor could also have a similar result, since the downstream sensor would be reading a false lean condition. I recommend having your vehicle inspected by a professional to know for certain. YourMechanic is an excellent option since we come to your home or office.

3. P2096 and P2196 Codes?