Q: my transmission is puring out fluid and heating up

asked by on March 06, 2017

how much it cost to repair my car.

Transmission fluid is leaking Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

The cost to repair the transmission depends on whether you are experiencing a leak of fluid and then overheating or whether overheating is causing the transmission fluid to overheat, expand and escape through the vent. If the leak is in an accessible spot, for example the transmission oil pan gasket area, that will be less expensive to repair than a leak due to overheating stemming from slipping internal clutches. Transmissions are rebuildable and replaceable though so your car is repairable. What you might want to do initially is request a leak diagnostic and at the conclusion of that diagnostic the mechanic will let you know what your best, and least cost, repair options are. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.