Q: My truck is losing power on take off and throwing multiple codes

asked by on September 30, 2016

My truck threw codes P0021, p0174, p0345, p0349, p0171. After putting in 2 vct selenoids, a new cam positioning sensor and the fuel filter I still have a check engine light throwing the same codes. Please help as I am going crazy!!!

Hello. The codes listed are indicative of lean conditions on both banks A and B, as well as issues with the camshaft position sensor for circuit B. A lean condition at both banks can be caused by many things. A few things I would check are the fuel pressure, the fuel pump, and the fuel pressure regulator, to make sure that they are all in good working order. The codes related to the camshaft position sensor indicate that there is an issue with the circuit. If the sensor has been replaced, then it may be possible that the wiring or connector are the source of the problem. I would carefully examine the wiring and harness connector to the sensor for any signs of damage, wear, or corrosion. If you need to have this diagnosed, a certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect the loss of power and codes to make the proper repair.