Q: Are there two timing belts in the Audi A6 engine?

I'm looking in to buy an Audi a6, the discription says that it needs a new timing belt. I've been looking in on purchasing an Audi and I've been told that there are more than one timing belt in the engine of Audi's. One is a chain belt and the other is a normal bet.

The timing belt drives the intake cams on both sides of the engine. There is just one belt. The intake and exhaust cams are connected by a small chain and generally do not need to be replaced. However when replacing the timing belt, replace the water pump and tensioners at the same time even if they appear to be good. If you don’t and one of them fails even 10,000 miles down the road, you are paying for the same labor as the timing belt all over again. Since "old" parts have to be removed in such a big service, it makes mechanical sense and financial sense to reinstall new parts within the same labor.