Q: noise

asked by on December 28, 2016

I hear a humming noise when i accelerate while driving not when i am driving

Car is making a noise Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello, thank you for writing in. Do you hear the noises when you are in park but pressing on the gas? Or do you only hear the noise when the vehicle is actually moving? If the vehicle has to be in motion to replicate the sound, your issue is likely tire or wheel related. It may be something as simple as a flat or a damaged tire. To start you will want to inspect all tires and properly inflate them. If this does not fix the issue, look into rotating and aligning the wheels. The noise may also be related to a bad wheel bearing. You will want to inspect the wheel for excess play. For more help diagnosing the humming noise, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.