Q: Car jerks when driving uphills and accelerating

When driving up hills/inclines, my vehicle jerks and the more I accelerate the more it jerks. For some details, it's automatic, 158,000 mileage, 4-cylinder, and recently the dealership changed my spark plugs, wires, and fuel filter. Can you give me your opinion of what causes this type of problem?

The problem sounds like a misfire in one or more cylinders when under a load. The fuel system pressure would need to be checked to see if you have the correct amount of fuel pressure to run the car under a load. If the fuel pressure is okay then the ignition system coil is most likely the cause of the misfire. The coils should be checked for low spark output and the check engine light code may point to one or more cylinders causing the problem. To diagnose your cars jerking issue, all of these tests can be done by a mechanic, like one from YourMechanic.

3. Car jerks when driving uphills and accelerating