Q: Key wouldn't turn in door lock and now won't turn in the ignition

I locked the 2001 Toyota Sienna and I return to the van to unlock the door and it would not turn to unlock the door but it would turn to lock the door. Now it won't turn in the ignition and I tried the wheel

You will need to try and get another key made. When a key is getting worn it will no longer release the lock tumblers. Try using a new key or a spare key if you have one. If not, you should call a locksmith to make another key for you.

If you’re still unable to unlock and start your vehicle, I’d suggest contacting a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, who can diagnose why your key won’t turn in person.

3. Key wouldn't turn in door lock and now won't turn in the ignition