Q: Engine Fail Safe Program

hello...when i'm driving my x5 in the city...suddenly engine fail safe prog shows up with all the other lights(service engine soon + Brake + ABS) where no power when stepping the gas pedal as before...i just stop the engine for 2 minutes and the car returns normal...but this is happening everyday with me...i tried to solve this problem in many ways where i payed till now about 400$ without any result..

Hi there. There are a few possible issues that can cause this. The most common cause is low voltage in the electrical system. This is due to a failing alternator or a failing battery. It can also be caused by a bad connection at the negative battery cable. All of these are common issues. I usually start by load testing the battery and alternator first. If those are fine, then I check the ground connections. I have also seen loose terminals in the fuse box so that may need to be tested also. If you are going to have this repaired, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose and repair the stalling problem.