Q: Occasional heavy vibration

Well sometimes when I drive my car I feel a very heavy vibration when I put the car in park and when I turn it off I hear a winding down sound and a slight burning smell my car had a radiator changed a few months ago but not the fan assembly I'm assuming the burning might be the oil as I use conventional oil and it was changed about 3100 miles ago

Hello. The symptoms you describe can be caused by many things. If you are feeling a vibration when putting the vehicle into gear then it may be possible that there is a transmission or engine related issue. If the transmission is worn or in need of service then it could cause all sorts of problems including vibrations and improper shifting. In more serious cases transmission issues can also cause a burning smell and whining noises. I would check both the engine oil and transmission fluid to make sure that they are at the proper level and not excessively dirty or contaminated. It could also be possible that the issues are engine related, though they would likely be accompanied with noticeable performance issues if this is the case. As noises and vibrations can sometimes be difficult to diagnose, I would recommend having a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to diagnose what may be causing your noise and vibration.

3. Occasional heavy vibration