Q: Constant humming when above 35 mph

Jeep doesn't accelerate as fast as before. Constant humming around 35 mph and up. Is this a concern? I checked to see if it was the wheel bearings and I found that it wasn't.

A: With less than 50,000 miles on your 2013 Je...

With less than 50,000 miles on your 2013 Jeep Patriot, a constant humming above 35 miles per hour is a concern. My first guess would be wheel bearings (like you checked), or perhaps a disc brake pad that was stuck.

The problem could be as minor as a cupped tire that needs to be replaced or an issue with transmission fluid to a problem with universal joints.

Either way, with less that 50,000 miles on your car, a call to the dealership might be a good idea, just in case there's a warranty related or a recall that was issued. If they can't help you, contact one of our local certified mechanics who can take your Jeep on a test drive to diagnose the humming noise and let you know what should be done.