Q: Iod Fuse / Check Engine Light

The IOD fuse blew on my 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee. I replaced the 2 IOD fuses and it started up fine. Now a couple days later my Jeep hesitates when it starts and the check engine light came on. What issues should I look for?

Your first order of business is to extract the problem codes which are driving the Check Engine light. Hesitation to start when cranking - if this is what you mean - could be a sign of a weak power supply to the fuel pump from burned fuel pump relay contacts or a clogged fuel filter. Hesitating after it starts could also be caused by fuel pressure/supply issues (low pressure to be specific). Most auto parts stores will check your codes for free on a "time-available" basis. Alternately, a certified YourMechanic technician can come to your location to perform a Check Engine Light is On Inspection on your vehicle and confirm any necessary repairs.

3. Iod Fuse / Check Engine Light