Q: Iod Fuse / Check Engine Light

The IOD fuse blew on my 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee. I replaced the 2 IOD fuses and it started up fine. Now a couple days later my Jeep hesitates when it starts and the check engine light came on. What issues should I look for?

A: Your first order of business is to extract ...

Your first order of business is to extract the problem codes which are driving the Check Engine light. Hesitation to start when cranking - if this is what you mean - could be a sign of a weak power supply to the fuel pump from burned fuel pump relay contacts or a clogged fuel filter. Hesitating after it starts could also be caused by fuel pressure/supply issues (low pressure to be specific). Most auto parts stores will check your codes for free on a "time-available" basis. Alternately, a certified YourMechanic technician can come to your location to perform a Check Engine Light is On Inspection on your vehicle and confirm any necessary repairs.