Q: Theres grease oozing from the inner cv joint

asked by on November 23, 2016

I might need a new axle, but I wanted to ask before I spend money on it. I've checked and I see grease oozing and it looks like it's coming from the inner cv joint.

Oil/Fluid Leak Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote
Axle / CV Shaft Assembly Replacement $197.63 - $1017.38 Get a Quote

The CV joint boot is leaking out its lubricant grease. This is most commonly caused by a joint rubber boot is cracked or torn and also the clamps that hold the boots in place can be loose or out of position. Have a mechanic like one from YourMechanic check thegrease leaking from the CV axle. If the axle is found to have a broken boot then the mechanic can replace CV boot or axle.