Q: Automatic transmission does not shift into 2nd gear.

My automatic transmission does not go into 2nd gear while driving.

This issue may be caused by a couple of different things. A gasket near the transmission filter where it mounts to the valve body could be leaking causing the hydraulics within the transmission not to engage second gear properly. On the other hand, a shift solenoid may also be at fault. If a shift solenoid goes bad you can experience very similar symptoms. I would recommend having a technician inspect your transmission for anything that is out of specification. Other issues may exist but the two listed would be the most likely.

3. Automatic transmission does not shift into 2nd gear.