Q: I have a 3.6L leo commodore. I'm getting an error code of p0040. I need to swap the sensors plugs. Is it easy to find the connections?

asked by on November 30, 2016

is this a job i could do.. i have little mechanical knowledge..

Oxygen Sensor Replacement $108.80 - $869.59 Get a Quote

Hi there. The code p0040 is for an O2 sensor connectors are being swapped. Make sure the O2 sensor connectors aren’t swapped. This can happen when work has been previously performed. Also, check for unplugged or damaged connectors, as well as broken wiring. If everything looks okay at the O2 sensors, you’ll want to inspector the O2 sensor connections at the PCM (computer). Look for damaged or crossed wires as well as swapped or broken connectors. If everything looks good on your vehicle, then I suggest replacing both upstream and downstream O2 sensors. If you need further assistance with diagnosing your O2 sensors being swapped, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.