Q: Installed new delphi fuel pump and fram fuel filter. still no pressure on fuel rail valve and wont start. 2003 Chevrolet Tahoe

About 2 months ago my fuel pump went out. It died on me and i pressed the valve stem on the fuel rail and had no pressure so i dropped the tank and changed the fuel pump. soon as i did that i went back under the hood with the key on and it shot fuel out the stem and it started right up. drove it for a day and died again. pressed stem again and no pressure from pump. so i just changed it for a second time this time i changed it and the fuel filter thinking that was the problem. went under hood pressed stem and no pressure tried to start turns over and almost starts but just wont. what else can i do without going to mechanic as im very tight on money of course. any info very appreciated

Hi there - I suspect you have weak power getting to the fuel pump. I would first check the voltage coming out of the fuel pump relay. If the contacts in the relay are burned, you will not get reliable current flow to the pump. Check the fuel pump ground as well (voltage drop across the ground, not just continuity). I recommend a fuel system inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Installed new delphi fuel pump and fram fuel filter. still no pressure on fuel rail valve and wont start. 2003 Chevrolet Tahoe