Q: Q: Car overheating when idling or in stop-and-go traffic

My car runs within a normal temperature range and has no issues until I turn on the AC, or if idling for an extended time. Then it starts to overheat. In addition, while driving on the freeway, the car keeps cool, but in stop-and-go, it heats up. I replaced the radiator, radiator cap, water pump, and thermostat, and it still overheats.

It sounds to me like the cooling fans aren’t coming on. I would suggest having a certified mechanic test for power at the fans while the AC is on, and verify the fan switch, relays and wiring are all working appropriately. All this can be achieved by running an overheating inspection.

3. Q: Car overheating when idling or in stop-and-go traffic