Q: Vehicle shuts off intermittently at idle

asked by on October 13, 2016

vehicle shuts off intermittently at idol mostly when AC is on. rough erratic idol. codes p0113 and p0174. tried new MAF sensor and new idol control valve.

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

The P0113 code relates to a problem with the intake air temperature (IAT) sensor. The computer is seeing a reading that is outside of its normal parameters and is causing the computer to set the code. This could also be why the P0174 code is being set at the same time, as it has to do with the fuel strategy that the computer is trying to set for the engine being out of range, due to the information being received from the IAT.

There could be a faulty sensor, it may have come unplugged, there could be a wiring problem, or possibly a computer problem. Since there are so many variables, some further testing will be necessary if you are unable to find the fault visually. One of our mobile technicians will be happy to come to your location in order to diagnose these trouble codes further and make the necessary repairs to your car.