Q: Q: How do the side air bags work?

How do the side air bags work?

In addition to front air bags, your Accord has side air bags designed to inflate during a moderate or severe impact.

• Sensors detect the impact and calculate the force, sending that information to the car’s computer.

• Only one air bag will inflate in a side impact – the side where the impact occurs. The air bag will deploy even if there is no one sitting on that side (passenger side air bag if no passenger is present, for instance).

Tip

The side air bag is designed to work in conjunction with wearing your seat belt and maintaining the proper sitting position in the seat. Not wearing your seat belt or sitting improperly increases the risk of injury.

3. Q: How do the side air bags work?